Photos: Borbala Zergi
It’s been a while since I last shared a recipe with you so it’s time for me to do that. This time I’m sharing with you how to make a super soft and fluffy, sour cherry sponge cake. It’s the ultimate summer dessert. Check out the video on Youtube too!
The recipe is easy-to-follow and always works. You could switch up the fruits or add in some chocolate chips too. It’s really up to your imagination. 🙂
What you need
3 large eggs
100 ml water
80 ml sunflower seed oil
150 g sugar
250 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
300 g fresh or frozen sour cherries without seeds
What you do
- Use two, separate mixing bowls and separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until they stiffen and form little peaks in the bowl.
- Mix together the egg yolks with the sugar, water, and oil until foamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg yolk, sugar, oil mixture and with the help of a spatula make folding motions til the flour dissolves completely.
- Then, add the egg whites and with even gentler motions, fold it all into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a Yama paper baking form and decorate the top with the sour cherries. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle and the top is golden brown. When it’s cooled, decorate with some icing sugar and enjoy!