Photos: Zergi Borbála
Here’s the last recipe of 2016, which is naturally something that’ll make New Year’s Eve a yummy experience. I adore dipping creams. Hummus and guacomole are my all time favourites. If you’re having a party at your house or you’re invited to one and want to make your host’s job easier, these dipping creams are perfect. They are super easy to make, they are healthy and delicious and definitely make chips and crisps more fun to eat.
What you need for the hummus
250 g dry chick peas
3 tbsp tahini (saseme paste)
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
2-3 tsp salt
extra virgin olive oil
juice from half a lemon
What you do
- Soak the chick peas in cold water overnight.
- The next day run the chick peas under cold water and add as much water to the bowl as just covers them. Add the salt and cook the chick peas until they’re soft and can be smushed with a spoon. The water tends to be soaked up by the chick peas so don’t be scared to add some extra.
- If the chick peas are cooked add the tahini, lemon juice, cumin and grated garlic. Cream everything together with a hand mixer. If it’s too thick add some more water or a couple teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- When your hummus is creamy enough you’re ready to serve. Put everything into a bowl and decorate with some more cumin or cillantro. Don’t forget to pour some olive oil on top. Be generous. 🙂
Ingredients for the guac
3-4 ripe avocados
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cut the avocados in half and spoon the insides into a mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper along with the lime juice. With the help of a potato masher, cream together the ingredients. I like my guac with chunks of avocado.
- Serve it with some chopped cillantro or some ground pepper.
Thank you for coming along with me on this amazing journey this year. I’ll be back with more yumminess in 2017!
Happy New Year!
Fatima and Yama Kitchen Crew