Photos: Borbála Zergi
Tommorrow is the day of Christmas Eve and I’m sure that in most households there’s already a complete menu plan prepared and waiting to be put on the table. Today’s recipe is perfect though, if you’re in a rush and have no idea whatsoever what to make this year that’s easy, delicious and not so time consuming..
I won’t lie to you, we haven’t even got around buying our xmas tree. I’n trying my best to stay calm and not get frustrated over the fact that I won’t be able to bake 6 different kinds of desserts only like 4. 🙂 Yeah, I’m an idiot. But I kinda like this excitement and I feel like Christmas is always a reason to go over the top… 😀
So here are the recipes if you want to save some time on dinner and bake some goodies instead. 😉
Ingredient for the meatballs
500 g ground turkey
1 medium red onion chopped
35 g breadcrumbs
2 cloves of minced garlic
40 g parmesan cheese, finel grated
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp oil for brushing
What you do
- In a large bowl mix together the turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, egg, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until combined.
- Form little balls out of the mixture and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them about 1 cm apart.
- Brush them with some oil
- Put them in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Ingredient for the maple-walnut sweet potatoe
4-5 large sweet potatoe
100 g chopped walnuts
100 ml melted butter
200 ml jmaple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
What you do
- Slice up your sweet potato into medium chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweet potato, salt, cinnamon, maple syrup and melted butter. Make sure that everything is coated well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour your sweet potato on your baking sheet and sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top. Shake the tray a couple times until the walnuts are coated too with that syrupy goodness.
- Into the oven it goes for about 30 minutes or so or until they’re golden brown and the walnuts are crunchy. 🙂
Ingredient for the brussels sprouts