Photos: Borbála Zergi
Hello My Dear Friends,
Are you all feeling the xmas vibes already? 🙂 Wether you still need a little nudge to get into the holiday mood, wether you’re already in full Christmas mode, here’s a yummy cake recipe that’ll go with your beautiful and equally delicious festive menu. I can’t imagine a more chritsmassy flavour than gingerbread. It’s sweet, yet spicy, it’s dominant yet subtle. When I think of a Christmas cake I always imagine something nutty but creamy that definitely contains the above mentioned heavenly spice mixture. So this cake is the perfect choice if you have the same holiday dessert standards as me. 🙂
This recipe is also super easy to make. The batter can be put together by hand with the help of a hand mixer or even a wooden spoon and spatula. Believe me, I know how hectic these couple days can get so with this recipe you’ll be able to whip up something delicious in no time. For the recipe, keep reading! 😉
What you need-For the batter
115 g butter at room temperature
130 g sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
230 g applesauce
200 g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
100 g chopped walnuts for topping
For the frosting
200 g cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
180 g powdered sugar
What you do
- To the flour add the spices (ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg), salt and baking soda and mix well.
- In an other bowl mix together the sugar and butter until fluffy and creamy.
- To the butter-sugar mixture add the applesauce, egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- To the wet ingredients add the dry. Spoonful by spoonful fold the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large YAMA cake tin and by for about 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the frosting: with a standing or hand mixer mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla and cream cheese. Add the sugar in smaller additions until you reach the desired consistency. Let it cool completely before putting on the frosting.
- Spread out the frosting on top of the cake. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Sprinkle the walnuts on the very top and enjoy this festive deliciousness! 🙂
I hope you liked this recipe. If so, please share it with your friends and subscribe to my cooking channel on Youtube. You can purchase our YAMA products at every Auchan supermarket in Hungary and in our YAMA web shop.