Photos: Borbála Zergi
Hello My Friends,
So here we are, it’s December and I kind of consider this recipe the last one I share in the fall spirit. I used so much cinnamon this season it’s not even funny and I keep on adding this sweet spice to my meals and desserts but from now on I’ll do so in a more festive, holiday mood. So let’s wave goodbye to this beautiful fall season with this sweet and rich bread, shall we? 🙂
Note: This recipe makes two loaves of bread. I like to make more so I can give it away as a gift or I tend to have friends over and have this yummy treat together with my loved ones. If you only want to make one just simply half the ingredients.
What you need
460 g all purpose flour
300 g granulated white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
250 g melted butter
6 bananas (best when ripe, when the brown dots appear that’s when you want them)
2 tsp vanilla extract
200 g dried cranberries
200 g high quality milk chocolate
What you do
- Mash the bananas with a fork or a potato smasher until it becomes a mush.
- To the bananas add the eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix well until everything incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- To the flour mixture add the milk chocolate and dried cranberries. Mix well so everything is fully coated.
- Then pour the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until everything is completely mixed in but don’t over mix otherwise you’ll end up with a rubbery textured monster loaf. 😀
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan or baking mould and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle. The top should be beautiful, golden brown.
- Let it cool so it comes out of the mould perfectly. Always make sure to go over the edges with a knife before taking it out of the mould.
P.S.: Try to toast a slice of this and then add some butter on top…oh…heaven! 🙂
I hope you’ll try this recipe. Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page for more info and please subscribe to our YouTube channel for more recipes. It helps us out a lot. The baking mould can be purchased in every Auchan supermarket in Hungary and in our web shop too at yama.hu.
I’ll talk to you very soon!
Love and hugs,