Photos: Zergi Borbála
Today’s recipe is a treat that definitely brings on the Christmas feels. Its cinnamony, citrusy and heavenly soft. For the dough find recipe here. I used the same dough for this as I used in my cinnamon plum roll recipe.
The only difference between the two treats is in the filling and in the method we roll them up by. We need to pay close attention to the technique otherwise the filling will pour out and we’ll end up with a tasteless dessert. To prevent this, it’s a great idea to use muffin cups when baking the rolls (this is also makes the clean up process easier), and we’ll be able to take the yummy rolls with us wherever we go and a sweet bite we’ll be ready to be bitten into.
For the filling
-3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
-200 g of brown sugar
-Zest of one orange
-150 g of butter on room temperature
-1 egg (for the eggwash)
1,5 dl milk (for the eggwash)
What you do
- Put the dough on a floured surface and gently push any air bubbles out of it. It’ll be easier to roll the dough out.
- With the help of a floured rolling pin roll the dough out to a rectangle shape. Roll it until it’s as thick as 1 cm. If it’s thinner than that it’ll be more fragile, and you don’t want that so don’t roll the dough too thin!
3. Spread the soft butter across the dough’s surface, then spread the orange zest evenly. Sprinkle the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture on top but leave 1 cm of the dough empty at the edges. This prevents the filling from pouring out. 4. Carefully start rolling up the dough tightly.
5. When rolled up cut the dough half and then half again and continue cutting like this until you end up with 16 similar sized rolls.
6. Put the rolls in muffin cups, brush them with some eggwash and bake them on 180 degrees Celsius for about 20-25 minutes or until they’re beautiful golden brown.
I hope you got inspired by this post to bake these amazing cinnamon, orange rolls! It’s the perfect way to get into the holiday mood.
You can purchase the Yama muffin cups in every Auchan supermarket across Hungary and soon they’ll be availble in our Yama webshop too. How cool is that? 🙂
I’ll be back soon with more deliciousness! 🙂